There ain’t anything understated about this ad is there? And fucking hell they fit a lot in don’t they ? I count 64 shots in sixty seconds,. Now that’s impressive.
Here is the role call, feel free to play a game I like to call ‘Spot that Cliché.’
1. Close up of a bum (Chick’s arse not homeless guy”) on a beach (with a Jump cut none the less)
2. Close up of two bums walking down a beach
3. A guy waxing his surfboard.
4. Close up of a trashy looking red lipped model who would be more at home in a 0055 commercial.
5. A chick washing a hot rod in a white t-shirt (as you do)
6. Close up of her boobs as she is squirted with a hose.
7. Topless guy with zinc cream on his lips (there is that fucking jump cut again)
8. An Esky opening
9. Pack Shot!!!!!
10. Pack Shot !!!! in Ice
11. Pack shot !!!! as a wall of beer
12. A dude with a ‘tache at a BBQ (almost) drinking with a Jenny Kees clad chick in the background
13. Pack Shot!!!!!
14. Another Dude drinking
15. Pack Shot!!!!!
16. Two guys drinking
17. Pack Shot!!!!!
18. A dude with a satisfied wipe of the mouth
19. Pack Shot!!!!! In a fridge
20. A guy with a beard drinking in a stark studio
21. A drunk jockey
22. A horse
23. Some lights
24. Close up of a drag car’s wheels
25. Long shot of a drag Car
26. A Bus in a studio with a sign scrolling through Sydney suburbs (because it’s a Sydney beer you see)
27. A Dude passing two beers down a down red arrow (that is placed near his cock) to another guy (I don’t get the red arrow, maybe it was the trop fest item for that year and the ad man’s short film footage got mixed up with the ad and got edited in by mistake (All ad men are making trop fest films))
28. Pack Shot!!!!!
29. Pack Shot!!!!! With an overflowing glass.
30. Back to that BBQ again (I like the antisocial prick reading the paper)
31. Pack Shot!!!!! On a silver platter none the less – classy.
32. Dude with mutton chops drinking
33. Pack Shot!!!!!
34. Pack Shot!!!!! Of the cans on top of what looks like a graphic equaliser (remember those)
And we have hit the 30 second mark – We know this is a 60 second ad, but the thing is most 60 second ads are only produced as a complete wank by the agency and the client. What will actually run is the 30 second version. So much like the extended 12 inch mix of any 1980’s song the rest of this ad is filler and the second rate ideas.
35. Flashing Sydney Sign (did we mention this beer was from Sydney?)
36. Pack Shot!!!!!
37. A Guitar
38. A band playing in the dark
39. A chick dancing next to a truck with her face in the dark
40. A truck driver
41. A pool table
42. A numberplate with Sydney written on it (I think this beer might be from Sydney)
43. A shot of centrepoint tower ripped off from a tourism NSW ad.
44. Someone playing rugby on a beach
45. A chick laughing
46. Driving along the Sydney harbour bridge
47. A long shot of the bridge
48. A really shit joke about a Sydney Fridge (and another jump cut because the pace of the ad was obviously lagging)
49. A subliminal flashing neon sign – It says ‘S’ (for Sydney I assume)
50. A door man and a rich woman (becuase this is a classy beer)
51. Another subliminal neon sign
52. Shot of a guy outside a strip club
53. Another fucking arrow – this time green
54. A neon sign that says Bar
55. Two neon circles that look like boobs
56. Some guys (and one token chick in a pirate shirt) in a pub
57. Pack Shot!!!!!
58. A fat guy in a wife beater drinking (In a pub, god only knows how he got in)
59. Pack Shot!!!!!
60. The laughing chick is back.
61. And the fat guy, now he’s wiping his mouth
62. A dude drinking , too fast and spilling his beer
63. Pack Shot!!!!!
64. Logo against a skyline shot
Combine that with one of the worst taglines ever “Why are we here?” and I’m not surprised this beer doesn’t exist anymore